Tamil Nadu Ration Card Online / Apply For Ration Card / Eligibility for Ration Card in Tamil Nadu / Necessary Document for Ration card Application
Tamil Nadu Ration Card Online
The Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection is responsible for issuing Ration Card in Tamil Nadu State. Public Distribution System in Tamil Nadu is to ensure food security to all citizens, particularly poor people, by making available essential commodities of good quality at affordable prices every month, through fair price shops. In this Article we are sharing all details information regarding Ration Card in Tamil Nadu State. If you read it through out, you will be able to know each and every information regarding Ration card in Tamil Nadu.
Who are Eligible to Get New ration Card ?
Here we are providing eligibility criteria for the citizen of Tamil Nadu in case of applying for new Ration Card.
- The applicant and his/her family must be Indian citizens
- The applicant and his/her family must be living and cooking separately
- The applicant and his/her family must be ordinarily resident in Tamil Nadu
- The applicant or his family members must not possess any family card in any State in India
- The applicant or any of his/her family members must not be a member in any other family card in Tamil Nadu
- The applicant and members of the family must be close relatives
Download Ration Card Application form
The consumer who are going to apply for new ration card can download application form in prescribed format from the official website of The Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department. To Download ration card Application Form, Click Here
List of Necessary Documents for Ration Card
The applicant have to produce following documents along with application form.
In Support of Resident proof : The applicant can produce any one of document which are mentioned below as address proof.
- Election Photo Identity Card (EPIC)
- Electricity Bill (last month)
- Telephone Bill (last month)
- Front Page of Bank Pass Book
- Currently valid tenancy agreement (in case of rented house)
Surrender Certificate : This is required when you are applying for change in address in Ration Card. Surrender Certificate along with relevant family card issued by the card issuing authority if any card is issued in the previous address.
For Name Deletion : Name Deletion Certificate from the parent or guardian family card or Non-inclusion of name Certificate issued by the card issuing authority in the previous address.
How to Apply for Ration Card
The consumer have to submit the ration card application form. First of all get the application form from the office of The Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department and fill up all correct information in application form which are required. Attach the all relevant documents along with application form and make requisite application fees. Handover it to the office person / operator in the center and get the acknowledgment slip.
Tatkal Ration Card Service
Ration Card Fees in Tamil Nadu
- Government of Tamil Nadu have prescribed Rs 5 as the fee for a new ration card.
- This amount has to be paid to the AC or TSO office concerned
Types of Ration Card in Tamil Nadu
All Commodity cards (Green colour): Green Card are issued to those cardholders opting for rice as well as all other essential commodities.
Sugar cards ( White) : are issued to cardholders opting for sugar instead of rice. Cardholders can buy all other essential commodities, except rice.
No commodity cards (White) : This type of Ration Card are issued to cardholders who do not want any commodity under Public Distribution System.
Ration Card Department in Tamil Nadu
Name of the Department : Civil Supplies & Consumer Department
Address: Civil Supplies & Consumer Protection Department. Ezhilagam Ivth Floor Chepauk,